Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
LRMI Workshop @ SLC Camp Bay Area
Saturday, January 12, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (PST)
Mountain View, CA
*The event location has been changed to Mountain View, CA*
The Learning Resource Metadata Initiative (LRMI) is working to make it easier to publish, discover, and deliver quality educational resources on the web. In addition to improved search, the LRMI will:
- Enable robust recommendation engines and adaptive learning technologies
- Break down barriers to interoperability
- Address the need for standardization at the state level
We invite content publishers and metadata services providers to join us for a free, day-long LRMI workshop on Saturday, January 12, at our new venue in Moutain View, CA at the Computer History Musuem. The event will be held in conjunction with the Shared Learning Collaborative’s Bay Area Camp.
Held within a setting that demonstrates one potential use case for LRMI metadata--the Shared Learning Collaborative--our program will give a comprehensive picture of the LRMI and related initiatives, including the SLC, the Learning Registry, and Schema.org. Throughout the day there will be opportunities to network with individuals who are driving the initiative and those who are purchasing and implementing instructional resources based, in part, on their LRMI metadata tags. This joint effort is the perfect occasion to enhance your understanding of the LRMI and speak with individuals from other initiatives, so don’t miss out!
What’s on the Agenda:
- LRMI project background and current status
- Discussion of existing and emerging standards, as well as their role in tagging and identifying instructional resources
- How the LRMI relates to other initiatives, including Schema.org, the SLC, and the Learning Registry
- Review of specific use cases for LRMI metadata
- Walk-through of the tagging process and search demonstration of LRMI-tagged content
- Exclusive early access to a prototype copy of an LRMI and Learning Registry Implementation Guide being developed by AEP, SLC and Educational Systemics
If you have any questions, please contact Teila Evans at Teila@edusystemics.com for event registration or more details.
We hope to see you there!